Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Let's talk about sweat for a second.

Hellu!
I've been meaning to write this post for aaages. Since may. Oops. Anyways. Better late than never. This here is about deodorants. And no poo. You can google deodorants and antiperspirants and read about why they're bad. And make up your own mind. I don't use commercial products on my body anymore (only soap and tooth paste. More on that another day). So since I'm into the whole no poo thing deodorants was a natural step. I had already stopped using deodorants since a couple of weeks so the toxins had already been sweated off by the time I started experimenting. Here you can read in swedish about deodorants. The first one I tried was alum + water.

Get a suitable container (I bought two small pump bottles from Åhlens since I didn't have any spares at home). Then you pour alum and water in it and shake. When the alum doesn't dissolve anymore you've poured in enough. Doesn't take that much either so it's a cheap deodorant.

Then I continued with the experimenting and wanted to try the baking soda deodorant. There are a lot of recipes for this one if you google. I used coconut oil + shea butter, corn starch, baking soda and some essential peppermint oil to make it smell good.

Melt the solids down and mix it all together.

Pour it into a jar or a container like these ones. (What the heck is hylsa in english??) Containers from Hemgjord.

The baking soda deodorant did not work for me aaat all. Made me smell 10 times worse than I would with no deodorant at all. I do know though that this one works for a lot of people and I'm not inclined to give up on it just yet. I might try to modify the recipe one of these days. For now I use the alum one. With no poo you have to be willing to try stuff and not give up right away if it doesn't work.
Toodels!

1 comment:

  1. hej, tack för dina fina ord om min islandströja. jag har faktiskt stickat mig en egen av lopigarn som bara inte blivit fotad än =) vilken härligt färgglad barntröja du stickat! kram eddy =)

    ReplyDelete